– One of few series that covers a broad range of major events throughout U.S. history.
– Primary source quotes are included.
– Includes expanded subject coverage, subheadings, informative sidebars, glossary terms, terelines, and additional resources, as well as an attractive new design and dramatic photographs.
– Core-curriculum subjects.
Curriculum Standards: Social Studies Standards, Grades 5-8
Time, Continuity, and Change: II
– Develop critical sensitivities such as empathy and skepticism regarding attitudes, values, and behaviors of people in different historical contexts.
Individuals, Groups, and Institutions: V
– Identify and analyze examples of tensions between belief systems and government policies and laws.
Power, Authority & Governance: VI
– Give examples and explain how governments attempt to achieve their stated ideals at home and abroad.
- Used Book in Good Condition