Halo’s founder, Bill Schmid and his wife lost their first born to SIDS. From this tragedy, HALO and its mission were born. Today, HALO SleepSack Wearable Blankets are the #1 trusted choice of hospitals and are used to help babies sleep safely from the start. In addition to sleeping safer, it helps babies sleep better, too. It’s a warm cuddly blanket they can’t kick off; ensuring baby sleeps soundly throughout the night. HALO donates a portion of every purchase to First Candle/SIDS Alliance and The Canadian Foundation for the Study of Infant Deaths.
- The original wearable blanket replaces loose blankets in the crib for a safer environment; the #1 choice of hospital nurseries to promote safe sleep
- Made from 100% cotton interlock fabric with a TOG rating of 0.5, offers just the right comfort for warmer seasons or climates; can be layered with warmer sleepwear for cooler temperatures
- Unique, roomy sack design recognized by the International Hip Dysplasia Institute as “hip healthy” – allows room for kicking but cannot be kicked off, so Baby stays warm all night
- Inverted zipper opens from the bottom for easy diaper changes; sleeveless to reduce the risk of overheating; arm and neck openings sized for a safer fit
- Available here in Small size designed for babies weighing between 10 and 18 pounds who are generally 0-6 months old and 23-26 inches long